Read more →
5 Minutes in the Mind of . . .
Owner Leo Molloy
- Right so someone told me horses was your start in life, how did you jump to restaurants?
- What’s your favourite thing about HQ?
- What makes you really belly laugh, like loose your shit?
- What’s something you would never compromise on and why?
- Tell me what your day off looks like?
Thanks Leo, you’re quite a funny guy, you should write a blog!
5 Minutes of Passion with:
Head Chef Jac Crosti
- So, Italian huh? What secrets from the Mediterranean do you bring to HQ?
- How do you get inspired to create a menu?
- The HQ solid fuel-fired hotline means what exactly to us laymen?
It means a lot of excellent smoky and rich flavors in our food. Better caramelization and less fat added ladies!!
- Is it true Chefs have a temper? Are you one chilli or the whole chilli patch?
I’d say I’m like wasabi. I definitely can let you know when I’m not happy, but it only last for a few seconds.
- Whats your best tip you can share for home cooks?
Always use fresh food. I’ll never be able to say it enough. NZ has amazing produce and there is absolutely no reason to use anything pre-made or artificial. Go to local produce shops, farmers market, or anything that will help you find fresh! Fresh carries the most flavour and will always serve you better, Buon appetito!